RE: Service startup on Windows 2000 fails

From: Koivu, Lisa <Lisa.Koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:24:07 -0800

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so much for responding.

I guess my lack of knowledge of Windows 2000 administration has just bit me in the ass. A description of a paintbrush-style change applied to our servers by the network support people in another office is what completely and totally HOSED services on two development boxes. Of course, a communication went out to a list of people that *didn't* include me or my boss, or the people who actually support my servers here in Ft. Lauderdale.

GRRRRR I screamed at the guy ( what? me? NO! ) and it will not happen again.

The really sad part is that I wouldn't know what permissions need to be where and why. Add that to the very long list of things to investigate between whipping out stupid pl/sql code and changing diapers.

Anyway everything is back and I am happy again.

I hope everyone has a better day than me.

Mrs. Monkey

Author: Koivu, Lisa
  INET: Lisa.Koivu_at_efairfield.com