DSS tools?

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 04:48:44 -0800

A customer of mine has recently decided to purchase BRIO but the process of checking references on the product has been....(ahem!)....pretty discouraging. Specifically, they have gathered the following comments:

  1. There are no aggregate functions available on the BRIO client. For example, if we pull some product pricing from Oracle and some from SQL Server, we will not be able to calculate an average price on the client (local PC) where we build the report.
  2. Only one data source can be connected at a time. This forces a user to save result sets from different cubes locally first and then compare them also locally.
  3. On Demand server (web-based middle-tier) is single-threaded; only one client at a time is working. My guess is that this is changed in v8, but it would be nice to get a confirmation.

Has anyone had experience with this? What are your experiences?

Also, what other DSS tools are you using and how do you like them?

Thanks in advance...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 19 2003 - 06:48:44 CST