RE: Null Event in v$session_wait

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:28:49 -0800

I was looking this up on Metalink just the other day, and here is one of the items of interest I found:
Doc ID: 408286.999
In my case I was trying to do a online index rebuild in 8.1.7 so I went with support's explanation.

<<NULL event shows up in v$session_wait for a session that does a short timeout, without waiting for a particular resource. One place in the code that this is done is during online index rebuild/creation. The session doing the rebuild/create will try to get a DML lock no-wait, and if it fails to get the lock, it sleeps on the "NULL event", and tries again. There are probably other places where this occurs as well, however, this was one issue discovered and documented in bug 1703940 (fixed in 9.2). Gina Oracle Support Services>>

Author: Jacques Kilchoer
  INET: Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:28:49 CST