RE: 11i cloning help needed

From: John Clarke <jclarke_at_centroidsys.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 07:53:42 -0800

Before cloning, you can create a temp table as select * from fnd_user and fnd_user_resp_groups where creation_date > (the date since last clone).

Once the db is cloned, you can import this temp table and insert into the main tables with this data.

If new users and responsibility groups had been added to your production database since the last clone, you'll have issues with unique ID columns that are populated using an index. So, your re-insert program will have to have some logic in it to account for this. I think the best way to design your re-insert program is to turn trace on in "test" as you create a new user - the contents of the trace file should shed light on the logic Oracle uses on the form.

Hope this helps.

Author: kommareddy sreenivasa
  INET: kommacnu_at_yahoo.com