Upgrading Target Database in RMAN

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:03:40 -0800

Here I am, still at work at 10:00 PM.

A lovely upgrade likely to take all my time until sometime Tuesday.

But enough about my problems.

No wait, there's more... :)

I'm going to upgrade a database from 8.1.6.4 to 8.1.7.4

This database is currently being backed up via RMAN.

It occurred to me a few minutes ago that I have no idea how to make RMAN aware of the new version of database.

I'm relatively sure it will balk at seeing the database suddenly upgraded, without having received some sort of notification first.

I've been checking MetaLink, Robert's book, and the docs, but have not yet determined how to care for this.

Suggestions, advice and coffee gladly accepted.

Pertinent platform info:

Win2k Server SP 2
Oracle 8.1.6.3 EE -> 8.1.7.4 target DB

RMAN catalog on Win2k Server SP2
Oracle 8.1.7.4

Thanks,

Jared

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Feb 15 2003 - 00:03:40 CST