Re: Oracle 8i or 9i ?

From: Les Ayudo <info_at_lesayudo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:59:15 -0800

School A (www.idtnetwork)which is offering the Oracle 9i cert will cost me $3595 and does not include the tests. They told me they are an Oracle University and they are the only ones (besides Oracle) that can give grant Oracle 9i certs. Is this true? The classes they are offering are:

1Z0007 INTRO TO ORACLE 9I: SQL
1Z0031 Oracle 9i Database: Fundamentals I
1Z0032 Oracle 9i Database: Fundamentals II
1Z0033 Oracle 9i Database: Performance Tuning

School B (www.collegeofit.com) is offering Oracle 8i w/ an upgrade to 9i and will cost me $4395 and does not include the tests. They're not an Oracle Univ but told me after all of my training I will be 9i certified. According to the other school, since this school is not an OU, they cannot grant me 9i certification, but this school's rep told me they can. Whom should I believe?

The course classes are :

1Z0-001 Intro to Oracle

......023 Architecture & admin
...024 Perf & Tuning