Oracle 8i or 9i ?

From: Les Ayudo <info_at_lesayudo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:23:56 -0800

Hello,

I'm thinking of going to school to get Oracle certified. There are 2 schools in my area that are offering Oracle certs but one offers Oracle 8i courses w/ an upgrade to 9i, while the other offers all 9i courses. If i go to the schools who offers 9i courses, would I miss out on valuable 8i knowledge? Which school should I attend? The courses will last about 7 or 8 months. Also, is this a good "in demand" field to get into? What chances am I looking at to getting hired as a newbie DBA once I graduate?

I want to get into the Ecommerce side of Oracle (connecting DBs to websites/portals?). Which certification/path should I be following? Thanks in advance!!

Author: Les Ayudo
  INET: info_at_lesayudo.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 09:23:56 CST