RE: Re: parallel index creation again:in which case, can we use p

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:34:42 -0800

Stephen/Chao-ping,

I will side with Tom on this. In a single CPU situation, you want to avoid context switches by _reducing_ the number of processes in a single CPU box. Depending on other stuff such as processor/L2 cache flushing, this can be quite a significant overhead. So PQ on a a single CPU box is essentially a bad idea.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

What would you see if you were allowed to look back at your life at the end of your journey in this earth?

Author: chao_ping
 INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com

Author: Toepke, Kevin M
 INET: ktoepke_at_trilegiant.com