Re: Oracle License for Training

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_MiracleAS.dk>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:18:51 -0800

Probably true, Jared.

But financial guys and managers look at this simple overview:

EE (Oracle): $40K per CPU
EE (DB2): $20K per CPU
EE (MS): $20K per CPU

And they might quickly get confused by all sorts of points of views and technical discussions and simply ask: Well, is EE (DB2) or EE (MS) good enough for this project? Because they're only half the price...

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_MiracleAS.dk