Re: [new info] Redhat Advanced Server Dev Edition - RAC

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_MiracleAS.dk>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:18:46 -0800

I'm not sure, but I think the good, old standard standby thing will work with SE ($15K per CPU).

Data Guard requires EE, so that's $40K.

But 3rd party tools (I have tested none of them, but I know the name Quest Shareplex) will run on SE - but then they probably cost a lot, too. Oracle is moving towards the idea that any HA-option will require you to use EE. In some places, where SE is good enough, 3rd party tools might suddenly look attractive :).

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_MiracleAS.dk