RE: Concat SQL_TEXT from Statspack tables.

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:44:26 -0800

Hmmmm. It seems that I don't get replies to a lot of my posts. Do I ask the hard questions or just stupid ones? On sencond thought, don't answer that... ;)

In any case, in reinventing the wheel, I decided to just create a function that uses a REF CURSOR to generically concat the column for me:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION newwheel (p_tabname IN VARCHAR2, p_colname IN VARCHAR2, p_whereclause IN VARCHAR2) RETURN VARCHAR2 AS

	TYPE rc_type IS REF CURSOR;
	rc			rc_type;
	v_col		VARCHAR2(2000);
	v_result	VARCHAR2(4000);
BEGIN
	OPEN rc FOR
		'SELECT '||p_colname||' FROM '||p_tabname||'
'||p_whereclause;
	LOOP
		FETCH rc INTO v_col;
		EXIT WHEN rc%NOTFOUND;
		v_result := v_result||v_col;
	END LOOP;
	CLOSE rc;
	RETURN(v_result);

END newwheel;

Then I can:

SELECT newwheel('PERFSTAT.STATS$SQLTEXT','sql_text','WHERE HASH_VALUE = 1232131312')
FROM dual;

Hope this can help someone else!

Rich

"Well I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to shoot you."
"Right-oh, sir." <THUMP>
"What a senseless waste of human life."

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com