INSERT ... RETURNING ROWIDTOCHAR(ROWID) INTO problem on 9.2.0.2.1

From: Sam Bootsma <SamB_at_cpas.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:34:20 -0800

Hello All,

We have Oracle 9.2.0.2.1 running on our server. When we run the following command from Sql Plus, we get the end-of-file on communication channel. This occurs consistently on all four of our 9.2.0.2.1 instances on this server. It has also occured on a new installation of 9.2.0.2.1 on a different server. When we run the insert statement separately, it succeeds. We have not encountered this problem when running the command from developer workstations running 9i release 2 without the patch. It has also worked on the other Oracle versions.

We have NT 4.0 SP6.

Does anybody have any insight into what the problem might be? Here is the command.

SQL> connect canadian_575/sql_at_paristest
Connected.
SQL> begin
  2 declare
  3 cRow varchar2(18);
  4 begin
  5 INSERT INTO MEMBER_PLAN_FUND
  6 (CLNT,PLAN,MKEY,FUND,TRADATE,ERKEY) VALUES   7 ('0001','1', '000-3','ER',SYSDATE,Misc.GetDefaultErKey('0001','000-3'))

  8 RETURNING ROWIDTOCHAR(ROWID) INTO cRow;   9 end;
 10 end;
 11 /
begin
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

SQL> connect canadian_575/sql_at_paristest
Connected.

Thanks for any help ...

Sam Bootsma, OCP
Technical Support Analyst
CPAS Systems Inc.
samb_at_cpas.com

Author: Sam Bootsma
  INET: SamB_at_cpas.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 12:34:20 CST