OT:Disk Array performance benchmark?

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:23:44 -0800

Hi, friends:

	We plan to buy new disk array for new splitted database server, Server will be V880 with 8CPU and 8G memory, but we are considering whether to buy new T3 Disk array or use diskarray from other vendor.
	We have old T3ES with 256M cache, and it seems does not meet the requrement of our database server, high IO wait during peak time. We tried to fine tune the sql but still get wait event with IO the top wait event.
	So I want to try to verify how much the new T3 is better than old T3. There must be friends in this who have experience in IO system benchmarking , please share your advice, also your experience with the New T3-ES storage.
	Thanks.

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com
www.happyit.net
www.cnoug.org(China Oracle User Group)

Author: chao_ping
  INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 08:23:44 CST