RE: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: RMAN: I don't trust it

From: Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:54:07 -0800

Quoting DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>:

> Lyndon
> To me, being a DBA is more an attitude than an HR position.
> Study what
> DBAs do and that will carry you forward.
> I don't see what having a BSCS has to do with it. And I speak as
> someone
> who has done a lot of computer science at the graduate level.
> During the dark days, prepare, so when the industry picks up
> again, you
> are in a position to ride the surging wave.

B.Sc. more from the standpoint of getting your foot into that door. I don't think it actually helps you get the job done, only that it will get you the job in the first place. Even junior position DBA require a B.Sc. (those that I've read).

As far as the wave is concerned, it's getting too crowded at the crest. Too many people wannbea DBA.

--
Lyndon Tiu

Author: Lyndon Tiu
  INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca