Re: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: RMAN: I don't trust it

From: Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:37:36 -0800

Quoting dgoulet_at_vicr.com:

> Lyndon,
>
> I take it from your reply that 1) your not the primary DBA and

I work with Oracle and PostGreSQL, but not as a DBA. I'm a "wannabe" DBA but will most probably never be a real DBA since:

  1. I do not have B.Sc. in Comp. Sci.
  2. I got into Hi-Tech right after the bubble burst.

But I do admin(solely me and me alone) exactly one PostGreSQL development soon to be a production database so does that make me a DBA?

> 2) everyone
> is using Personal Oracle or Standard edition on their desktop.
> Sounds like one
> heck of a mess.

More like people are developing software on a database running on development machines.

Look at the number of [Re]'s on the subject line of this email!!!

--
Lyndon Tiu

Author: Lyndon Tiu
  INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca