RE: SQL Plus Environment

From: Koivu, Lisa <Lisa.Koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:59:30 -0800

Hi Dave,

Here's how mine is set up (SqlPlus client 8.1.7)

$oracle_home\bin\login.sql, fires when I log in Calls a mylogin.sql file complete with path.

login.sql Looks like this

@c:\oracle\ora81\sqlplus\admin\mylogin.sql set linesize 2000
column name format a40
column column format a20

mylogin.sql looks like this

set pause off
set termout off
SET ARRAYSIZE 3
column dbsid new_value dbsid noprint
select global_name dbsid from

        global_name;
column dbusr new_value dbusr noprint
select user dbusr from dual;
set sqlprompt '(&dbsid-&dbusr)>'
set termout on
UNDEF DBSID
UNDEF DBUSR set linesize 100
set pagesize 100

HTH, and have a great day. Tell everyone on OT hello.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA 33063
Office: 954-935-4117
Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com

Author: Koivu, Lisa
  INET: Lisa.Koivu_at_efairfield.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 12:59:30 CST