Re: Oracle License for Training

From: Rodd Holman <roddholman_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:14:07 -0800

Maria,
Here's something you may want to consider with this licensing. If it comes to blow$ with Oracle, and you do have to pay, go for the standard edition not the enterprise edition. It is much cheaper on a named user basis. Cost is in hundreds per user vs. thousands per user. You could accomplish normal SQL, PL/SQL, backup and recovery, basic DBA, and architecture with this version. The only hitch would be if you were planning to train any EE specific items.

Rodd Holman

Rodd Holman <roddholman_at_hotpop.com>

Author: Rodd Holman
  INET: roddholman_at_hotpop.com