RE: [new info] Redhat Advanced Server Dev Edition - RAC

From: Hately, Mike (NESL-IT) <mike.hately_at_npower.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:08:56 -0800

Advanced Server (developer's edition) seems to be much easier than the standard edition simply in terms of getting OCFS to work so that's the way I've gone. I've tried Suse 8.0 and RedHat 8.0 and I could load the OCFS module but it wasn't stable and frankly I didn't trust it much. Also using the AS product is a convenient way to evaluate it for the future. Right now I have RHAS and OCFS working on one box apparently sharing a firewire disk. I'll install 9iR2 tonight and see if I can build the 2nd node tonight. There seem to be 4 different sets of instructions for firewire RAC and I haven't followed any of them exclusively.

Regards,
Mike

Author: Hately, Mike (NESL-IT)
  INET: mike.hately_at_npower.com