Re: Question about RMAN and recovery scenario.

From: Alex Andriyashchenko <Oleksandr_A_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:18:40 -0800

Hello Folks,

Thank you everybody for help.

Sorry to confuse you I forgot to show what version I am using for testing... It is 9iR2.

I just realized why I got unexpected behavior of recovery scenario during my testing. I removed datafiles with started instance. And when my script tried to login to rman error happened. Not I tried same scenario with stopped instance and it worked in proper way.

Hm, I tried to login as sysdba to rman (user in target DB should be sysdba). Did I need to access SYSTEM tablespace when I logged in as SYSDBA? It means if instance started and SYSTEM tablespace gone I couldn't login as SYSDBA even to stop instance with SHUTDOWN ABORT???

Am I right?

Author: Alex Andriyashchenko
  INET: Oleksandr_A_at_yahoo.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Feb 10 2003 - 17:18:40 CST