RE: re SHUTDOWN ABORT -- was RE: Debate on rc commands Solaris an

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:34:06 -0800

Just to add another aspect: I had a problem once with a 7.3.4 database when we performed a shutdown abort. Now this database was in the middle of a complete refresh of a rather large Table from another database. The shutdown abort occurred properly, but the db took its sweet time to come up while it rolled back all the snapshot data....

The key to this issue, as with any other aspect of DB admin: Know thy application, Know thy database!

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

I don't know what the future holds for me, but I do know who holds my future!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com