Re: Oracle 9i Lite - any help please?

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:59:06 -0800

Saira,

Excellent feedback. I'll forward it to Jacob Christfort and Martin Graf.

Martin, by the way, sent me a response to your posting (Jacob forwarded my message to Martin). See below.

Best regards,

Mogens

Mogens,

In deed, Oracle9i Lite has over 10'000 posted messages on OTN, which makes it #3 of all Oracle Products. This outstanding number of messages produces a lot of work for us, which is why you might experience slower than expected turn around for certain postings. We apologize for the delay but you can rest assured that we do everything in our power to resolve your issues.

It looks like data does not get applied to the Oracle Lite (PROCESSING) database. Client changes are sent to the Mobile Server (SENDING). The client also received data from the server (RECEIVING). It might be that replication never finishes (commits) the transaction (since it hangs), which is why MGP might not pick up the changes and apply them to the Oracle database.

COMPOSING client data
SENDING client data to the Mobile Server RECEIVING data from the server
PROCESSING (apply) data to the client database

The PK change in one of your application table might actually be the culprit. Please follow the procedure below and let me know if you have further questions.

  1. Drop the application from Control Center
  2. Drop the client database(s)
  3. Publish the application into Mobile Server
  4. Provision the application
  5. Execute sync

We recommend to use Oracle9i Lite 5.0.2 release with 5.0.2.3.0 Windows patch (the latest on Windows).

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_miracleas.dk