RE: SAN, Heterogenous environments, Backups

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:29:47 -0800

Hemant,

Could you check what happens if all the filesystems that were 'shadow copied' were VxFS filesystems? I would assume that Veritas maintains the same formats across *nix versions.... Btw, I haven't implemented Heterogenous implementations on a SAN, but am just suggesting an alternate... Let us know what they say!

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

I don't know what the future holds for me, but I do know who holds my future!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com