Re: Skipping a table on import

From: <JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 05:04:13 -0800

Craig,

I had to smile when you stated you had 400 tables and were reluctant to list them in the export or import parfile. Our 3rd party Student Information system has over 47,000 tables. I frequently do exports and/or imports with parfiles listing several thousand tables. It's not a problem at all.

Spool the following to a text file and incorporate it (with minor editing to add the parens and remove the first comma) into your parfile... Select ',' || Table_Name
>From User_Tables

Where Table_Name <> '<theTableYouDoNotWant>' ;

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator
Austin Independent School District
Austin, Texas
512.414.9715 (wk)
512.935.5929 (pager)
JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu

                      "Craig Healey"
                      <c.healey_at_hhsuk.c        To:       Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
                      om>                       <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      root_at_fatcity.com         Subject:  Skipping a table on import

                      02/07/2003 04:04
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Hi,
I'm trying to import the live schema into a test schema, but 1 or 2 tables have a lot of data and it's taking hours. Is there a way to skip certain tables during an import?
We're using 8.1.7
We have 400 tables, so I'd like to avoid having to list all the tables in the export statement.
I have to pre-create the tables to put them in the correct tablespace, so could I alter the table definitions to force import to skip particular ones?
Any help is appreciated.

Craig Healey

Author: Craig Healey
  INET: c.healey_at_hhsuk.com

  INET: JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu