RE: Skipping a table on import

From: <John.Hallas_at_vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:18:46 -0800

Craig,
Assuming you don't need the tables that you don't want to import the best option is to not export the tables by using a parameter file. (This speeds up the export, reduces the size of the dmp file, saves the backup/ftp time to copy the file to the target system and saves reading through the dmp file until it passes data it is not interested in) Next best bet is to use a parameter file on the import.

A solution for you could be to create the 'not wanted' tables (just create but no data in them) on the target database and put an ignore = N line in the import parameter file / interactive command The import would then go through the import file creating and populating all the tables until he gets to the ones you don't want and then it will throw an error message saying 'table already exists' and move onto the next table in the import.

HTH John

Author: Craig Healey
  INET: c.healey_at_hhsuk.com

Author: <John.Hallas_at_vodafone.co.uk
  INET: John.Hallas_at_vodafone.co.uk
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 05:18:46 CST