Re: iAS (9.0.2.0.1) R2 install on RedHat 7.2 make

From: Markus Reger <reger_at_mdw.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 01:39:21 -0800

hello
Pls check if all necessary libraries have been installed. Check out the rpm's contents for the missing files and install them - unless already done. If so, check the linking options. Got to check the site of www.puschitz.com - hints there are great, even for your probs.

I could manage to install iAS. But's not an easy task.

Apologies for any typing mistakes I failed to notice.

Markus Reger

Oracle Applications DBA
Webmaster
MBC University for Music and Performing Art
Vienna
>>> mali_at_lmkr.com 02/06/03 12:48 PM >>>

Hi,

I am installing 9iAS( 9.0.2.0.1) Infrastructure on RedHat Linux 7.2. During the installation, I get the Error in invoking target install of makefile ins_oemagent.mk during linking

some lines from install/make.log file regarding this problem are as :

/usr/bin/make -f ins_oemagent.mk install ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/product/iAS

/home/oracle/product/iAS/lib//libvppdc.so: undefined reference to `getrlimit_at_GLIBC_2.2'
/home/oracle/product/iAS/lib//libvppdc.so: undefined reference to `setrlimit_at_GLIBC_2.2'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [dbsnmp] Error 1

Can any one tell me how to fix the problem?

thanks

Mubarak Ali
Software Programmer
LMK Resources, A Landmark Graphics Affiliated Company E-mail: mali_at_lmkr.com
Phone: +92 51 111 101 101 Ext. 712
Cell: +92 333 5105082
Fax: +92 51 226 4167, +92 51 225 5989
http://www.lmkr.com