Re: Trolling for ideas

From: Vladimir Begun <Vladimir.Begun_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:10:39 -0800

Dennis,

ask your developer to enable simple tracing (in case there is no trace file on the server), figure out what statement fails, run it locally on the server using sqlplus/srvmgrl -- you can expect some more meaningful error message that is probably not handled properly. Another idea is to enable client side network logging, however there is problem here your mentioned that it's not a consistent error therefore trace file can be quite huge.

--
Vladimir Begun
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Vladimir Begun INET: Vladimir.Begun_at_oracle.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).