RE: java

From: Henry Poras <hporas_at_etal.uri.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 06:44:23 -0800

Stephan,

Thanks for the reply. You were right, it had nothing to do with java 3D. I just wish I knew what caused the problem, but with the lack of controls around here it is tough to test. I noticed the error consistently appeared in one of two spots, so I set up 4 scenarios to test (different sets of environment variables). Scenarios 1&2 gave errorA, while scenarios 3&4 gave errorB. I thought the difference was either due to the different env variables, or maybe some OS resources weren't being cleaned up, so I reran scenarioA. It completed successfully (arrgh!!!) after a week of no luck. I don't have a clue. Oh well.

Henry

Von: Henry Poras [mailto:hporas_at_etal.uri.edu] Gesendet: Montag, 27. Januar 2003 19:30
An: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Betreff: java

I have a java question so I figured I'd tap into some of the non-Oracle expertise on this list. I'm doing a PeopleSoft install (basically setup.aix calls a setup.jar file). This worked on one AIX (4.3.3) box, but is dying
(with no useful error messages or log files) on another box. Checking the
java directories, I noticed java3d is installed on the good box, not on the bad box. This might be it, but my SA is grumbling about adding that piece to the other box. He said it failed because of some missing AIX pieces
(patches?). Here are my two questions:

  1. Is there any java trace I can use to see where the PeopleSoft install is dying? Can I confirm it's a call to java3d?
  2. Can I safely just copy over the java3d directory, lib files, and bin files from one machine to the other? If the original install failed because of some missing OS stuff, this doesn't seem safe to me (but where does java tie in to the OS?)

Sorry for the off-topic post.

PG

Henry

Author: Henry Poras
  INET: hporas_at_etal.uri.edu

also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Henry Poras INET: hporas_at_etal.uri.edu Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L