RE: VMware

From: Sutton, Reed <Reed_Sutton_at_cable.comcast.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 05:39:04 -0800

I agree with Richard. We used VMware in our development environment to consolidate servers. I will say - unless you have a substantial amount of hardware, there is going to the inevitable temptation to add that one extra VM instance that's just one too many and performance suffers. But, if you had a substantial amount of hardware, you probably wouldn't be using VMs.

My only advice is be very careful about overloading your servers with too many VMs. Disk, CPU and Memory will become scarce at peak times and performance will be BAD.

Author: Sutton, Reed
  INET: Reed_Sutton_at_cable.comcast.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 07:39:04 CST