RE: Oracle License for Training

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:09:13 -0800

Jeremy - I should probably have been more specific. :-) Years ago I worked for a software vendor. They wanted to port their product to Oracle. They expected to receive complimentary licenses in order to do this. Most vendors bend over backwards to have you port to their product. Oracle expected that they would buy licenses just like everybody else. We developers sort of ended up in the middle, since Oracle Support didn't consider us to exist and wouldn't allow us to file TARs. Again, this was one experience, and someone else might have had a different experience.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com