RE: Windows 2000 Cluster on oracle

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:14:36 -0800

Saying Windows is unstable shows no lack of understanding. It is a fact. At least a fact for me. I try to keep my Win2000 as stable as possible, but since the kernel now contains fun things like *video* (not in the original plans for this "New Technology"), I must reboot at least once a week or face the possibility of system failure (video flakes, Windohs Exploder explodes and/or memory leaks, etc. -- sans BSOD). I reluctantly run some Oracle products on this machine for now. We are in the process of moving OMS and Names to a Linux box for stability.

And the "baggage of WindowsNT" as you put it must be carried forward at least until Windohs2000 stops being "built using NT technology", whatever the hell that means.

This message is brought to you using e-mail technology.

Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:14:36 CST