RE: Windows 2000 Cluster on oracle

From: Tony Johnson <Tony_Johnson_at_Trimble.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 08:54:04 -0800

We have had an excellent experience with our Windows2000 clusters. Since moving to a clustered environment on our Test, Beta and Production systems over 18 months ago we have had 0 ( Zero ) outages due to Windows. in fact I have yet to see a BSOD on over 20 database servers since going to Windows2000.

Saying Windows is unstable shows a lack of understanding of what Windows2000 is today. Carrying the baggage of WindowsNT forward is a disservice.

I say go for it. In fact we will be moving to 9i RAC by the end of this year and we are planning on using Windows as our Oracle platform.

Author: BigP
  INET: big_planet_2000_at_hotmail.com

Author: Bernardus Deddy Hoeydiono
  INET: deddy_at_sdi.co.id