RE: Oracle License for Training

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 06:53:06 -0800

Maria - Actually, I would think the best time to contact Oracle sales is when you don't have money. Good sales people can smell money. ;-)

   Some software companies are very liberal about providing their product for development and training purposes. My impression has been that Oracle is NOT one of those companies. They are the top database company, so they realize you will need to interface with Oracle, so they are happy to have you buy Oracle licenses to develop a product. That is development. With training, it is worse because you are competing with Oracle, so there is even less incentive for Oracle to be cooperative. I'm assuming that Oracle Education provides training courses in your country.

   With some activities, you have the opportunity to keep quiet and hope Oracle doesn't notice what you are up to. But I'm sure you will be advertising your classes, so Oracle may notice your company and come check you out.

   These are just some random thoughts for you to consider. A better idea would be for you to contact other training facilities and see what they do for Oracle licensing.

   Even better, many participants on this list have been involved in providing training and may have insights they will share with you, either on this forum or privately -- How about it people?

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Maria Aurora VT de la Vega
  INET: mtdelavega_at_pse.org.ph

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 08:53:06 CST