RE: Which rollback segment is currently active?

From: Bernardus Deddy Hoeydiono <deddy_at_sdi.co.id>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 00:43:43 -0800

Which rollback segment is currently active?Hi,

If you want to drop one of the the RBS, First you have to check in the application level. Which user that used the rollback segment.

select username,name,used_ublk,
 start_time,sum(waits),sum(gets),
 sum(waits)*100/sum(gets)
from v$transaction,v$rollname,v$session,v$rollstat where xidusn=v$rollname.usn and
v$transaction.ses_addr = v$session.saddr and v$rollstat.usn = v$rollname.usn
group by username,name,used_ublk,start_time

After the execution the script above you can findout which rollback segment which not used by user. and you can drop that rollback segment.

alter rollback segment rollback_segment_name offline;

alter rollback segment rollback_segment_name drop;

Thank's

Bernardus Deddy Hoeydiono.

Author: Bernardus Deddy Hoeydiono
  INET: deddy_at_sdi.co.id

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 02:43:43 CST