Re: Slightly OT: Multiple database on one UNIX system

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_qwest.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:44:07 -0800

If it helps, here is how to calculate semaphore & shared memory parameters. This is based on white papers written by Adrian Cockcroft and also his book Sun Performance and Tuning.

These settings allow up to 4000 oracle processes (background, dedicated connections, etc.).

forceload: sys/shmsys
forceload: sys/semsys

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1