Re: RMAN - problems restoring to clone server

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 12:24:18 -0800

Gary,
You have to rename the clone to the origianal but backing up the controlfile to trace and then editting the results. Change the use database to set database to the original name. The restore is as if it was the original, recovery it, and name it back to the clone. If you still don't get it, I will try to find the paper that describes it tomorrow. Just email me off list. I am leaving in about 5 minutes.

Ruth

  The support analyst handling my TAR gave up, perhaps someone on here can   help me out...

  I have an 8.0.4.4.0 database. I used RMAN to perform a full backup of my   database on server A (Brain). The RMAN recovery catalog database is on   server B (Delenn). I am attempting to restore it to a 3rd instance which is   on server C (Ariel). On server C I created a new instance and it is in   startup nomount currently. From server B I am attempting to restore to   server C.

  run {
  allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms   'ENV=(NSR_SERVER=delenn,NSR_CLIENT=ariel)';

  set newname for datafile 1 to '/usr/oracle/DB1/datfiles/system01.dbf';
  set newname for datafile 2 to '/usr/oracle/DB1/datfiles/rbs01.dbf';
  set newname for datafile 3 to '/usr/oracle/DB1/datfiles/temp01.dbf';
  set newname for datafile 4 to '/usr/oracle/DB1/datfiles/user01.dbf';
  restore database;
  release channel t1;
  }

  RMAN-10032: unhandled exception during execution of job step 1: ORA-06512:   at line 137
  RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19624: operation failed, retry   possible
  ORA-19507: failed to retrieve sequential file,   handle="Incr_level0_db_DB1_151_1.hot", parms=""   ORA-27007: failed to open file
  Additional information: 7009
  Additional information: 2
  ORA-06512: at "SYS.X$DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE", line 925   RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to   DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.RESTOREBACKUPPIECE

  Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*   http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

  Author: Gary Jackson
    INET: fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com

  To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message   to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us