Re: Replication..

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_MiracleAS.dk>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:18:41 -0800

Yep - advanced replication is updateable snapshots and master-to-master replication, whereas basic replication is read-only snapshots (known these days as materialized views). And here's the reply from Dominic Delmolino regarding versions:

Hey Mogens!

I'll be seeing you at the conference -- bring me an ice-cold bottle of Denmark's finest akvavit.

No, wait, that was the wrong one. Sorry. Here's the one I was thinking about...

Advanced replication was introduced in 7.1.6

Best regards,

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_MiracleAS.dk