RE: RMAN - problems restoring to clone server

From: Janardhana Babu Donga <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:45:52 -0800

I do this many times with Veritas NetBackup. The steps may be similar for legato with slight variation.

[1] By Default Netbackup or Legato restores files only to the client from which the files were backed up(Brain). Your Netbackup administrator should configure to let you restore to an alternate client(Ariel). There may be similar steps for Legato.

[2] Startup nomount

[3] run {

      allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE'
            parms="ENV=(NB_ORA_CLIENT=brain.xxxx.com; export
NB_ORA_CLIENT)";
      restore controlfile;
      alter database mount;

    }

    Look for similar parameter for Legato, may be NSR_CLIENT in place of NB_ORA_CLIENT. [4] run {

      allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE'
            parms="ENV=(NB_ORA_CLIENT=brain.xxxx.com; export
NB_ORA_CLIENT)";
      restore database;

    }

Hope this helps.