RE: The lightbulb goes on - WAS-Debate on rc commands Solaris and

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:04:27 -0800

Dave,

change the last shutdown to shutdown immediate.

you are waiting because the Oracle Agent re-connected, and a shutdown normal will wait for it to disconnect. By oracle Agent, I mean the DBSNMP session (started from lsnrctl).

hope this helps.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us