OT Posts vs HTML posts

From: Dave Morgan <dvmrgn_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:00:27 -0800

Hi All, Jared,

        I find it funny that complaints about offtopic posts are effective (move to the OT list, which I refuse to join because of the hoster's privacy policy), however, complaints about HTML in emails are ignored. A recent Oracle-l digest was 1.2M when it arrived at my server and only 380K once the HTML was stripped out. OT posts are hard on people who use Lotus notes, HTML is devastating to contractors who do 60% of their work with PDA's and wireless (both WIFI and cell)

If there are to be these limits can we not move to a model similar to the dbi-users maillist where OT's get nicely flamed and HTML does not appear.

Just my $0.02 CAN ($0.013 US)

Dave

--

Dave Morgan
Operations Manager, Rigskills Canada

Author: Dave Morgan
  INET: dvmrgn_at_telusplanet.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 31 2003 - 12:00:27 CST