Re: PS question

From: david davis <ddoralist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:20:15 -0800

Lisa,

I have seen no requirement for DBMS_JOB from PeopleSoft in HRMS 7.5 (or earlier). Though we have used it in the past ourselves when we were doing replication.

I do see DBMS_IJOB running (due to job_queue_processes being set) but that wasn't a PeopleSoft thing. As a general rule PeopleSoft avoids DBMS specific features (hence no triggers, sequences, RI features.

David Davis

Author: david davis
  INET: ddoralist_at_hotmail.com