RE: The lightbulb goes on - WAS-Debate on rc commands Solaris and

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:50:53 -0800

Hey Dave,

In order for any session to be created by a user, that user MUST have CREATE SESSION, AFAIK. The only users that should be able to connect to a restricted DB are those with the RESTRICTED SESSION priv. By default, this is granted to the DBA role.

You might want to throw some info/debug output in your script after the startup restrict. Perhaps SELECTs from V$INSTANCE and/or V$SESSION. V$INSTANCE should tell you if the DB is really in restricted mode or not ("logins" column???) as well as provide an audit in your logfile of exactly what DB is being bounced/shutdown. V$SESSION will tell you if another user's sneaking in there.

Also, I mentioned in another post that the semi-Intelligent Agent may cause problems. But now that I look at the account privs, it doesn't look like it should be able to login restricted. Hmmmmm...

Good Beer to you,
Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 31 2003 - 10:50:53 CST