RE: Making dispatchers re-read tnsnames.ora?

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:55:50 -0800

Not that ONames doesn't have it's shortcomings, but I'm not sure how ONames is a single point of failure. Even in our little 35-alias ONames repository with only the root region, we have a secondary Names Server. With local checkpoint files, the repository is not required for continuous access, so there's no SPoF there.

Could you expound a bit on that, Jeremiah?

Thanks,
Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com