Re: Oracle, Siebel and rule-based optimization

From: Ferenc Mantfeld <mantfield_at_connexus.net.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:00:04 -0800

Hi Guys

I worked in Siebel Engineering as a lead performance engineer and went around the world cleaning up performance problems. What exactly is your issue, I can probably help you.

Step 1: Do NOT turn on CBO, you WILL KILL the application after 5 - 10 users have logged on. Step 2. Read the Siebel bookshelf.

Please describe your problem to me (us on the list).

Regards:

Ferenc Mantfeld
Dreaming costs you nothing. Not dreaming costs you everything.

  Michael:

  Would you please post a summary of findings here on the list? I   too have a Siebel implementation going on, and we are   experiencing performance issues, and have set all the   Siebel-specified initSID.ora parameters.

  I am in California, and the database is 'across the pond' in   Europe, so I am doing this remotely, and about 8 hours out of   phase with my users. Any knowledge transfer will be appreciated.

  Thanks
  Mike

Author: Ferenc Mantfeld
  INET: mantfield_at_connexus.net.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 13:00:04 CST