RMAN backup/restore to disk on 600G - terabyte Databases?? SPEED?

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:20:38 -0800

 Hi,

  I looking at implementing RMAN backup and recovery to disk (fast disk)   on a high avail. system...so recovery time is crucial..   Anybody know how fast I might restore a full backup of a 600gig to a   Terabyte database.

  The machine probably will have 10+ cpus HP machine and EMC disk although   the backups will probably sit on a fast SAN. There will be 12Gig of fast   memory... 200,000 users...max 10,000 concurrent, 100MB io card.

  IF anyone has done it...what speeds could you obtain with RMAN from Disk?

  What were the best SPEED enhancing factors??    ( I know cpus, mult-channels, and memory, disk ban widths.... anymore?)

Thanks,
Brian Spears

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Spears, Brian
  INET: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 10:20:38 CST