OEM User Defined Job Environment

From: Bill Buchan <wbuchan_at_uk.intasys.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:43:37 -0800

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused by some OEM/Linux concepts. I'm trying to run a user defined job which is a simple script:

#!/bin/ksh

env > /tmp/envfile

However, my preferred credentials on the node are for myself, WBUCHAN.

The /tmp/envfile is created, owned by WBUCHAN, but contains lines like:

USER=oracle
and
LOGNAME=oracle

I'm confused. Is this job running as "wbuchan" or as "oracle"? (This is 9.2 on Linux) This is probably just my ignorance of Linux environment settings. I'd be very grateful is somebody to clear up my confusion.

The reason I need to know is to set things up like SSH, so that the jobs can copy off some application-specific information to another machine. The job seems to try to use oracle's keys but accesses them as wbuchan (and hence runs into file permission problems).

Thanks
- Bill.

Author: Bill Buchan
  INET: wbuchan_at_uk.intasys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 05:43:37 CST