forms6i question

From: Sameer Ghadge <SameerG_at_quinnox.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:09:13 -0800

Hi All ,
Can anyone tell me if there is any handle or cursor to a block record buffer ,which I can access in forms6i.
my requirement is to restrict user from entering duplicate records in the block while inserting'em (but before saving them). As soon as user enters the row TAB's out I want to check it with values in the other row in WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD trigger
(Note that rows are not yet stored in the database)

I have implemented this using PL-SQL table/Record Group by replicating data in the block with PL/SQL table,
(but it requires coding in many triggers)
I was wondering if there is more simple and efficient solution to this.

Thanks
Sam

Author: Sameer Ghadge
  INET: SameerG_at_quinnox.com