Getting started with OLAP/multi-dimensional databases

From: Jeremy Pulcifer <Jeremy.Pulcifer_at_kadiri.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:59:59 -0800

I'm more and more getting involved with OLAP projects, and I have to admit I'm not at all familiar with such things as star schemas, clustered tables, reporting cubes, and the like. Since I'd like to rectify this situation, and making the non-OLTP projects go away isn't working anymore, does anyone know a good starting point to learning this stuff? I'd of course prefer some kind of on-line resource to get my feet wet, then a tome or two that will give me the more detailed guidance as to the effective design and implementation of an OLAP schema.

Thanks!

Author: Jeremy Pulcifer
  INET: Jeremy.Pulcifer_at_kadiri.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 15:59:59 CST