RE: HP-UX 11i/8.1.7/DB Link Question

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:20:04 -0800

Mike,

The listener.log provides a ton of information if handled properly. I used a Perl program to process this.. Basically, you have to look for connections from the set of identified hosts that connect to the database.

16-NOV-2002 12:55:18 *
(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XXXX)(GLOBAL_NAME=XXXXX)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=(<source_hos t>)(USER=oracle))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=xxxx)(PORT=38675)) * establish * XXXX * 0

This is assuming that you do not normally allow users to login to UNIX hosts and use SQL*Net to connect across systems...

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

What would you see if you were allowed to look back at your life at the end of your journey in this earth?

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com