Re[4]: undo tablespace

From: Breno A. K. Magnago <breno_at_mercantilsoares.com.br>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:09:52 -0800

Mike,

What type of operation are you performing on your table?

INSERT INTO A.TABLE1(COL1,COL2)
SELECT COL1,COL2
FROM B.TABLE2_at_DB_LINK; I think that command support the NOLOGGING.Is is correct ? The table B.TABLE2 and all indexes are in NOLOGGING Option.

--

Breno A. K. Magnago                            mailto:breno_at_mercantilsoares.com.br

HMNI> You're correct in saying that your undo blocks are protected by your redo
HMNI> files.
HMNI> What type of operation are you performing on your table? I ask because only
HMNI> a small subset of commands support the NOLOGGING feature; the remainder will
HMNI> generate redo as usual.

HMNI> If you're not using a syntax that supports NOLOGGING maybe you could adapt
HMNI> your job to adopt one.

HMNI> Alternatively you may find that you just need to optimise your redo log HMNI> placement in order to handle the load.

HMNI> Regards,
HMNI> Mike Hately

HMNI> -----Original Message-----
HMNI> Sent: 29 January 2003 14:10
HMNI> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

HMNI> Mike,

HMNI> I asked it because I have a problem.
HMNI> Any insert data in UNDO tablespace generate insert in REDO Files. Is
HMNI> is correct ?

HMNI> When I execute a high procedure, many inserts in UNDO tablespace
HMNI> ocurres, so many inserts in REDO´s are genereate.
HMNI> I want to avoid this REDO´s generation.
HMNI> My tables and indexes are in NOLOGGING, but I high value of HMNI> REDO are generate (100 MB each 20 minutes). It is desnecessary.

HMNI> Oracle 9i / NT

Author: Breno A. K. Magnago
  INET: breno_at_mercantilsoares.com.br

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 12:09:52 CST