Database connections hanging--Critical Production issue.

From: Girijan Puthran <girijan.puthran_at_db.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:28:40 -0800

I am running an Oracle v 8.1.7.3.0 version db on Sun solaris 2.6 and the problem I face is that all of a sudden all new connections to the database just hang [ the conn is not made ] and if at all a connection can be established using svrngrl [ only this ] I find that no queries can be executed [ all of them hang ].No alert messages, no trace files generated and the machine is low on usage.A database reboot solves the problem for a few hours .The number of processes accessing the database at point of problem is about 300 and this is well less than the processes parameter value.The machine has 4 G of Ram an SGA size close to 1G. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Author: Girijan Puthran
  INET: girijan.puthran_at_db.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 02:28:40 CST